Links to my professional resumes can be found to the left, and social media links can be found below:
Skills & Attributes
- Our team won "Best of Show" at VR Hackathon #1 - Oct 18, 2014
- Our team won "Best of Show" at VR Hackathon #2 - May 24, 2015
- Won "Best Scene" at SFVR #9 Virtual Reality Hackathon - May 30, 2015
- 15+ years development experience with various distributed systems, including real-time control systems, batch job clusters, and peer-to-peer network models
- 15+ years database development and management experience, including a proprietary real-time database, Oracle, PostgresQL, MySQL, and Amazon DynamoDB
- 15+ years appliance development experience, including QNX, FreeBSD, Linux, and virtualization platforms such as AWS and VMware
- Proficient in object oriented application design with C++ and Python and systems and application programming in C
- Experienced creating back-end and middleware using LAMP platforms, including REST services
- Knowledgeable regarding cryptography: asymmetric, symmetric, and hybrid cryptosystems, PKI, as well as steganographic information hiding techniques
- Authored open source restricted shell variant scponly (Active maintainer 2001-2011)
- Administrative and development expertise with myriad UNIX based operating systems, including various Linux distributions, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Mac OS X, DEC UNIX, QNX, etc
- Very proficient with on-the-spot shell scripting using python, bourne shell variants, PERL, etc
- Knowledgeable designing and deploying filesystem and storage management solutions using NetApp appliances, advanced filesystems, and large data delivery with confidentially and integrity assurances.
- Demonstrates team leadership in the form of technical mentoring, design, operational ownership, and project management on long-term projects
- Operates effectively in rapid prototyping scenarios as well as highly structured enterprise software efforts
- Excellent documentation, revision control, and bug tracking practices using many modern development tools (Jira, Confluence, Fisheye, Perforce, and Git)
Cryptography Research, Inc. (Acquired By Rambus) San Francisco, CA
Principal Staff Engineer (October 2009 – July 2014)
- Ported command-line ASIC tools from a R&D proof-of-concept to the large scale production cluster using SGE job control
- Technical lead on customer and partner engagements for large scale secure data generation and delivery
- Specified and developed enterprise and custom-built components for management of the FPGA cluster
nCircle Network Security (Acquired By Tripwire) San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer (August 2001 – September 2009)
- Responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of many products and features, including the IDS, IPS event correlator, and risk metric analyzer.
- Founding member of architecture review team which is responsible for all software product designs.
- Named as lead inventor on pending topological risk analysis patent.
- Participated in authoring product development standards and practices.
- Involved in all aspects of the enhancement and supportability of the legacy codebase.
Primary Knowledge, Inc. (Acquired by DoubleClick) New York, New York
Team Lead (December 2000 – June 2001)
Software Engineer (May 2000 – December 2000)
- Designed, specified, and implemented a variety of high-throughput C++ STL applications in a rapid development work environment.
- Designed, customized and maintained the OpenPBS linux cluster for scalable batch processing.
- Ongoing network and application performance analysis.
- Designed and implemented application specific real-time process monitoring subsystems for production control operators.
- Integrated and augmented open source third party cluster management solutions.
Process Solutions Canada Limited (Edmonton, Alberta)
Control Systems Analyst (August 1997 – April 2000)
- Application development utilizing C, shell scripting on DEC UNIX, OpenVMS and QNX.
- Responsible for feature delivery and maintenance of the UNISON real-time distributed control system, including:
- Appliance monitoring
- Device drivers
- Networking and IPC
- Real-time Fault-tolerant Database backend
- Requirement specification, application design, implementation and testing for new applications and customer customizations.
- B.Sc. (Computer Science), University of Saskatchewan, May 1997
- Awarded CISSP Dec 2002.
References are available upon request